Thursday 16 April 2009

tasty music

dear James, dear Danny

sorry the Elf disapeared a few days, i ve been crossing a big brown river and drinkinf strawberry daiquiris
tell me what you think about it : i ve been looking for a special sound the whole night, searching the perfect song who could perfectly fit a strawberry daiquiri, that s the tastefull fresh result, joya!



Dear Elsa,

That's a fine song and no mistake, and one that had past me by until now. I used to be a big FNM fan, but then I met James and he made me sell all my metal records for beer money. I tried to hold on to Angel Dust, protesting its crossover rock-funk-cheerleader-church organ values, as seen in Be Aggressive, and seemed to be making some progress. But then one dark Sunday afternoon we were sitting in the back of my dad's Ford Mondeo when Diggin the Grave came on the Top 40 countdown. It was all metal. James gave me a withering look, and I knew then that two pints of Stella and a G and T at Bar One had more intrinsic value then one of the best albums of the 90s. Just after that, Faith No More released this Bee Gees cover. And I never knew.

As for the strawberry daiquiris, I agree it's a very representative song and video. I was going to make a clever link to something about Hemingway, but I'm far too poorly.

No comments: