Saturday 25 April 2009

Surf's Up

Dear James Dear Elsa,

Yes yes, I was going to post but we had a problem with the computers and I wanted to listen to all your posts and post witty, pithy comments like i do but I couldn't, so I'm going to do a post from memory (I have a list on youtunes for such purposes). It starts with this wonderful, slightly out of tune demo of Surf's Up with just Mr. Wilson on the piano. It's so good, youtunes won't let you embed it.

There would then a lengthy speech about my reasons for on the whole disliking the Surf's Up album which would end in my not very shocking statement that I consider "Disney Girls" to be the best song on that album. It reminds me of being stopped at Sao Paolo airport because they thought my passport was a forgery. Funny how that's a happy memory. Anyway, here's Bruce Johnston (real name, Benjamin Baldwin) playing his pretty song on the Old Grey Whistle Test.



Not a great version, so here's Bruce Johnston's best song ever, sadly not featured on Surf's Up, even though it's been covered by over 200 artists and has been sold 25 million times (on album and single). Sing along at home now!

No comments: