Wednesday 4 February 2009

The Snake



Dear James,

If we weren't doing this blog, we'd be like this guy in this video. The DJ, Top Cat Tony, at Stockport Students' Union used to play this for the cool kids, in between my requests for Metallica and Pearl Jam. He did well to accommodate us all. The years passed, Eddie Vedder's grip on my soul loosened, and I started to think about this song and where I could find it. Then when we were at the Funky Monkey in Camberwell last September the DJ played it. I was amazed anyone in the whole world had ever heard of the song. That DJ looked familiar.

It says here that The Snake is currently being used in England to advertise Lambrini. It says here that Lambrini is a brand of light perry that dominates the commercial light perry market. Do the ladies go into the pubs and say "I'll have a light perry?" It also says on one of those that Al Wilson's biggest hit was Show and Tell in 1973. Some would call this mid-70s guff.

No comments: