Tuesday 3 February 2009

Got The Time



Dear James,

So first I was listening to Black Sabbath and wondering why it had taken me nearly 33 years to get into them. Then I was reminiscing to Iron Maiden's first album. Then I thought, wouldn't it be fun if every time James didn't post after 72 hours, I would post heavy metal videos until he started posting again. Then I searched for Anthrax's Got The Time, that nasty track from the glorious rock year of 1991. My bass teacher once arrived and said "Isn't it awful, that Anthrax song? The bass player can't play in time". I'd just been about to ask him to teach me it. It was favourite song during a week hiatus in between changing from claiming Duff McKagan as my favourite bass player to claiming Cliff Burton as my favourite bass player. My bass teacher's words stayed in the back of my mind, and to this day, I can't for the life of me remember the name of that bassist from Anthrax.

Then I remembered this: Got the Time was a cover of a song written by Joe Jackson, and remembered I had always assumed that Joe Jackson must have been the name of the songwriter in Judas Priest or something. Hang on, I then thought. I know another singer called Joe Jackson, the one who did Is She Really Going Out With Him? Could it possibly be the same person?



What a fucking song!

No comments: