Wednesday 28 January 2009

Pump It Up



Dear Daniel,

After the bass-talk I touched on earlier, I spent the whole day singing the bassline to this track. One of my favourite basslines ever - it transforms the whole song without you ever noticing it, until that moment when you do and it's with you for good.

It's hard to imagine the squat, beardy Costello of today ever really thinking the cripple-walk was a good idea. Indie bands for thirty years hence have taken note, though. This video reminds me, the new Woody Allen film is out this month and it's being hailed as a "return to form".

I know - again!

This time, though, they mean it.

Dear James,

Good to see you celebrating your own good news with a bit of Elvis Costello. This video isn't available in my domain, you know. To think, I have a domain. Now that I know, I can feel it all around me. Like that bassline (Argentinian viewers can hear it here).

Which Woody Allen film is out? Which form is it a return to? If it's Everything Else form, I'm not going.

No comments: