Monday 19 January 2009

Love Hurts



Dear James,

Well if you're not going to post anything then I suppose I'd better post something, or our reader will start to suspect there are other places on the internet for listening to music. Here we have a song that I only just managed to download the other day after years of searching on soulseek.com (I could've just paid for a download, but, you know). Lovely song. Especially the disco middle-eight. This song was one of many I've always loved because they were on my mum's Island Story collection. I'll be posting something here tomorrow about that.

The original version was recorded by the Everly Brothers. You can see the start of it here, with a handy guide to the song's evolution. Sadly, the song is best known for the cover by Scottish croakers Nazareth.

It turns out Jim Capaldi used to be in Traffic and wrote most of their songs. I had no idea. Traffic's Paper Sun also featured on that Island Collection album. Watch this great video, which appears to have been filmed in the Natural History Museum.

No comments: