Monday 12 January 2009

The Owl



Dear James,

Even though I've already posted it on the old blog, and purely because it's by the band with the best name ever, I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness. The video is so good that you don't realise that the music really doesn't go anywhere at all.

I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness was decided on as a band name after a fan poll. Runner-up names included I Love You But I'm Tired and I Just Want To Watch The Telly, I Love You But Your Mother Has To Go, and I Love "I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness" But I've Chosen Brit Cock-Rockers The Darkness.

Dear Daniel,

Best band name ever? Agreed. I've always liked Half Man, Half Biscuit. There's a band in Leeds called Whores, Whores, Whores. I think The Arcade Fire is a good band name. The best thing about I Love You, But I've Chosen Darkness is that it's so strong a sentence the band could never eclipse it. The Sex Pistols, on the other hand, has overtaken it's meaning and rarely makes people think of cocks (aside from the band themselves).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

another competing 'best band name ever' - "and you will know us by the trail of dead".