Wednesday 7 January 2009

Iggy / Thing





Dear James,
Have you ever been, have you ever been, to Acoustic Ladyland? Two songs for you from this intriguing jazz metal quartet, who sometimes have a singer but I prefer the noise they make without her. This is another recommendation from Ian, who is on holiday and therefore has even more time on his hands than me. Imagine! You can tell this is one of his recommendations, because it's the kind of thing that others might view as unlistenable avant-garde dirge, but not us, clearly. Even Josefina likes some of these songs, and she hates avant-garde dirges.

Drummer Seb Rochford has been in lots of bands, including Babyshambles and Polar Bear, who I thought sounded familiar, until I realised I was thinking of the Smile (pre-Queen) song of the same name. I'm so down with the kids. There's a Guardian review here. And here's a clip of Smile's Polar Bear for a chance to see Brian May with short hair.

No comments: