Monday 15 June 2009

Maps



Dear Daniel,

Morning!

My disappointment at how poorly the video for New in Town fits with the song led me to think about times when video and track are in perfect harmony. Driving later, Maps popped up on a shuffle. An example of a great song being improved by the video, I reckon, despite being performance-led i.e. often the laziest and cheapest option.

Dear James,

Afternoon! It was going to be morning, but it's a bank holiday and things just didn't work out that way. What's all this two posts in 24 hours business then? You'll disorientate the readers (now 86 unique users! See more details here. I spend more time looking at these stats than looking at the blog.)

Not overly keen on the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, primarily because I always think it might be a "yeah yeah yeah" in the excited Beatles sense, and it turns out to be a "yeah yeah yeah" in a bored sarcastic sense.

No comments: