Saturday 27 June 2009

Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy



Dear James,

Quick question for you. If you were to form a Queen tribute band, would you call said band "Bigot". I've been trying to work out all afternoon why these people thought this would be a good idea. "Bigote" is Spanish for "moustache", but the Freddie-impersonator doesn't have one, so that doesn't make much sense. Bigot asked me to be their Facebook friend. I told them I already had one Queen-tribute Facebook friend, but accepted their invitation all the same. We people have to stick together.

I once met Pablo Padín, the Freddie of Dios Salve La Reina. I told him if he wanted I could give him some classes to improve his pronunciation. He gave me a look which many would interpret as the "Who the fuck are you?" look. But he still gave me his autograph. I read it. It said "Pablo Padín". That really shattered my illusions.



Dear Daniel,

Have a scan down the list of acts featured on this blog. 17! 17! I'm about ready to propose a moratorium on all things Queen.

Dear James,

How very dare you? I haven't posted 17 Queen videos, we've just mentioned them in the general course of things because when you think about it, all music comes back to Queen one way or another. And you've mentioned Eric Clapton four times, which is far worse.

No comments: