Thursday 4 June 2009

I seen Beyonce at Burger King



Dear James,

Another video recommended by my former colleague and, dare I say it, butler, Corbi, who got fired last week from where I work and has lots of time on his hands for this kind of thing. Maybe we should get him to be our guest blogger? Everyone else I've asked has politely ignored me.

As you can see, the song is quite a departure from my usual ELO-fuelled posts. I can't help but fear that in reaching out to a new audience I might betray our faithful followers (87 people). But maybe not.

Prior to watching that, I watched this Amanda Lepore video. We're very open-minded today, and we didn't even go to yoga! She's a good-looking girl and no mistake, but perhaps needs to take it easy with the make-up, show off her natural beauty.



Dear Daniel,

The first video reminds me of my friend Jenni, who through a great chunk on the 90s would dine out on a similar story to our friend Cazwell. But instead of seeing Beyonce at Burger King, she once served Pato Banton at the PicknMix.

I've never seen Another Gay Movie, or Another Gay Sequel, but from the covers alone I'm sure they both take a sensitive and enlightened approach to what it is to be young and gay in modern middle America. They're probably effectively remakes of My Beautiful Launderette...

No comments: