Saturday 25 July 2009

Happy Birthday (song)!



Dear James,

Here's a more tender happy birthday song you, courtesy of Mr. Bird. I've been listening to a lot of Bird recently. I downloaded two of his albums over a year ago so it was round about time to start listening to them. I like to let these albums settle and mature a bit before opening.

As you'll now, in recreational mathematics 33 is the smallest odd repdigit which is not a prime. What is this recreational mathematics? Is it less hard maths that people like you do in your free time?

I went to a birthday party last night and am going to another tonight. I don't know whether it's age or a desire to copy Lary David in as many aspects of my life as possible, but I'm going increasingly bored of the happy birthday song. It's become depressing. Can we not establish some kind of agreement where we tell our friends which song we'd like to have sung at our birthdays? Instead of having the Coldplay-equivalent of birthdayness sung at you every year. I know what my birthday song would be, if only to add Queen to the list of 18 entries in the column of tags to your right.

No comments: