Saturday 9 May 2009

Mustapha



Dear James,

Well here's odd. Not to mention, here's Queen again, sadly for everyone else. I was "researching" my reinvented novel with added Queen (researching being drinking vodka and reading stuff that probably isn't true on Wikipedia) when I discovered that this album track from Queen's 1978 album track had been released as a single in 1979 in, quoting Wikipedia, "Germany, Spain, Yugoslavia and Bolivia". Yes, Bolivia. Who releases singles in Bolivia and ignores the rest of the continent? What is this Arabesque Queen fan club movement in Upper Peru? Or is Wikipedia just making stuff up? Should I edit their post on, say, Don't Lose Your Head, and state authoritatively that it was released as a single in Belize in 1988, with New York, New York on the b-side? Or should I just get back to the novel and stop being distracted? Right then.

As if that wasn't enough, my neighbours have started listening to very cheap 80s Spanish-language music and singing along to it. It's only 7.15pm, what do they think they're doing? My mistake, that's actually Cristina Aguilera. And then some fireworks went off down the road, for no apparent reason. The church down the road was putting on a bit of a rock concert earlier, maybe it was them.

No comments: