Wednesday 20 May 2009

Darling Be Home Soon



Dear James,

Here's a Lovin Spoonful performance from the Ed Sullivan show (I think), particularly entertaining for the guitarist's antics. A man after your own heart, clearly. I've been looking for an excuse to post this for a while, and today while "researching" (I think I was looking for clips of Roger Moore; I can't remember what their purpose was, but this is reasonably entertaining. And did you know, Moore was paid a million quid per episode back in the seventies for his role in The Persuaders? And it was crap!) I found out that the 'Spoonful performed the soundtrack for a Woody Allen film. I've often wondered why many people consider the Lovin Spoonful to have been a bit shit, and I think this might go some way to explaining why, not least because the soundtrack was dubbed on without Woody Allen's permission. But then, given that Allen had dubbed a whole film soundtrack onto the original Japanese film, he didn't really have much cause for complaint.

2 comments:

Reno Kaplan said...

Thanks for remembering this great band. Fuck The Byrds!

78records said...

Fuck the Byrds indeed. We already have.