Friday 28 November 2008

No Reply At All



Dear Daniel,

See? I can't be a music snob. I've posted Genesis. It's impossible to be a music snob and publically admit knowledge of their post-Gabriel work. Although clearly the only time it is acceptable to listen to this song is when you are making the point: I haven't replied to you because Virgin are too busy to plug me in before Thursday. Did you notice I wrote "work" before? I did that because I bet they call it work. Except Phil. Phil doesn't call it work. It's all just a joke to Phil. Tiny Phil. You see how small he is next to a regular-sized rack tom? You think it's a trick of perspective or some 80s bluescreen wizardry until Phil playfully knocks his floor tom at 21" to prove it's no lie. He doesn't care. It's all a joke to Phil. (Except homelessness.)

Dear James,

Good to have you back. I thought you were going to post a Lamb Lies Down on Broadway clip there. Should've known with you. I would've thought Little Phil would call it work more than the other two. Probably because the other two now have real day jobs to support their post-Genesis poverty. How do you know he doesn't use special extra-large toms? Can you imagine if other bands' singers had left and the drummers had taken over lead vocals? Roger Taylor? Lars Ulrich? It would've been carnage.

Oh, sweet bass playing, Mr. Mechanics. (Is he Mr Mechanics or is the other one?)

By the way, you can reply to the other posts below by logging in and clicking on that little pencil. Yesterday my co-writer Pablo told me he'd been listening to ACDC and Flash and the Pan for years and never knew they were related. The power of this blog! Of course, I told him that trivia junket myself. He doesn't read this blog.

No comments: